Tamil Nadu electronic Public Distribution System TNPDS is a new smart card project launched by the Tamil Nadu Government. These smart ration cards are supported by a mobile application that helps to find out the nearest ration shops.
In this article, you will get to know what is TNPDS smart card is, How to check ration card status, how to apply online for this smart card, how to download and update the information online. Read the full article to know the detailed information.
About TNPDS Smart Card:
A ration card is a very important document that is usually used by people to get food grains and other services at a low cost. This is really helpful for those category people who do not have enough money to have food for the day.
The TNPDS smart card is the replacement for the traditional Government ration cards. With the help of the latest technologies and digitalization, the Tamil Nadu government has started issuing smart cards.
The primary goal of this digital ration card is to avoid and eliminate fake cardholders and the ration should be given to the real needy ones. To date total of 1,98,69,625 smart cards are issued in Tamil Nadu and the total number of beneficiaries is 6,70,65374.
Until the card does not receive by the people, the people can continue with their old traditional ration card booklet.
How To Apply Online In TNPDS Smart Card?
Follow these steps to successfully apply for the TNPDS Smart Card online,
- Visit the official Webiste at https://www.tnpds.gov.in/home.xhtml
- On the Home Page, at right up corner, under smart card application services, click on Apply New Smart Card
- This will bring you to the next page and one form will open
- You have fill the following information to the form
- Name of the family head
- Father/Husband name
- Adress details
- Contact details
- Residence proof document
- Fill the details correctly, attch the document and select if you have gas connection or not.
- Once done click on submit
- After submitting you will get a Reference Number, save it for the future use.
As a residence of Tamil Nadu state, you must have to apply for this smart card, if you have not done yet then go for it now.
How To Check The Status Of The TNPDS Ration Card?
To check the status of your TNPDS ration card follow the 4 simple steps given below,
- First go to the official website of TNPDS i.e https://www.tnpds.gov.in/home.xhtml
- On the Home Page, at right up corner, under smart card application services, click on Smart Card Application Status
- Fill the Registration number and then click on submit
- After submitting you will get the current sttauss of your ration card on your screen
How To Check Report In TNPDS Ration Card?
Steps to check public distribution project report are given below,
- First, visit official website of TNPDS here https://www.tnpds.gov.in/home.xhtml
- On the home page slelct and click on “Public Distribution Project Report”
- After that you need to select the District
- After selecting your district you will get another option of details of item.
- Click on the option and all the information will be available on your screen.
How To Download TNPDS Ration Card?
Once your digital ration card is prepared successfully you can download it from the official portal, if you don’t know how to download the INPDS ration card you can go through these simple steps once as mentioned below.
- Visit TNPDS website and you will reach to its homepage.
- On homepage click on Beneficiary option
- Fill your mobile number and then you will receive one OTP fill the otp in the box.
- After submitting you will reach to your profile page
- You will see “Smart Card Print” option there
- Click on that option to take a print out of your ration card.
- You can download it by selecting option called save it as a pdf.
How To Change Details In TNPDS Ration Card?
If in case you filled in wrong details or your personal details have been changed like address or anything else and you want to make changes in your ration card. You can easily edit and correct your details on the website.
The followings are the few easy steps you need to follow to make changes in your TNPDS Ration Card.
- Go to https://www.tnpds.gov.in
- On the home page select option called Beneficiary
- The click will bring you to the new page
- Here you have to eneter your mobile number and enter the OTP you reeived on your respective mobile number
- After filling in the OTP clcik on login
- Now, Click on “Smart Card Details”
- All your details will be opened on the next page and you can easily edit your information there
- Once the changes are done, verify once agan and click on Approval.
- Save the print copy by saving ration card
I hope the information given in this article helped you in knowing TNPDS Smart Card in detail. The application process and other queries are always discussed here. If you still have any query you can ask in the comment section below.
Thank you so much for visiting here!