After 192.168.0.1 this 192.168.1.1 is the most used default gateway for any wifi router. If you are using a TP-Link, Netgear, Asus, or Tenda Router you will find the default gateway at the backside of your router as 192.168.1.1.
You can use this 192.168.1.1 IP to log in to your Router Admin Page and change your Wifi Name, Password, or Admin Username and password. You can click on the following button to directly visit this IP Address.
Wrong IP Address: Sometimes while typing 192.168.1.1 IP Address due to our keyboard issue or we type the wrong IP address that does not show the admin login page.
In this case, you can recheck the IP address and enter it again, please correct them with 192.168.1.1
Here is a List of Wrong IP Addresses:
How to Login to 192.168.1.1 ?
Now let’s get started with the 192.168.1.1 IP admin page Login Procedure and change some router settings that you want to change.
Before we get started make sure your PC/Laptop or Mobile is connected to your Wifi Router.
- Now Type of visit the Router default gateway https://192.168.1.1/ (use the button above to visit directly)
- Then you will see one Login Page with Username and Password tab.
- Enter your Router Admin Username and Password (you can use admin and admin in both place)
- Then Click on the Login button to get logged in to your Router Admin Page.
- Now you will see all settings in your router and you can change them as you want.
Please do not change any setting if you are not aware of it, and stay away from the Administration tab in the settings. Below I will share a guide to change your router IP and password check that out.
Why is 192.168. 1.1 not opening?
There are multiple reasons for not opening your wifi router IP 192.168.1.1. Check out some common checklists that can solve this issue and you can log in to 192.168.1.1 IP.
- Are you Connected to your Wifi Router?
- Is your Router Default IP address same as you entered? (check router back side)
- Check the Router Admin Page by Clicking Here.
- If still not opening the admin page then your router Admin IP is not 192.168.1.1 you may changed it already.
- You need to Reset your Router to Default Factory Settings.
Forgot your Router Username and Password?
If unfortunately, you have forgotten your Router Admin Username and Password then you can try some combinations given below. If they don’t worry you may need to reset your router to default and setup it again.
Check out some popular default Usernames and Passwords for default gateway 192.168.1.1 IP Addresses.
How to Change Router Wifi SSID and Password?
If your neighbor is using your Wifi without your permission and you can not say NO for password then I have one trick. You can change your Wifi Name and Password then go to your Wifi setting and block their devices.
But for this, you need to make sure that your Laptop/PC is connected to your Wifi Router.
- Now visit the 192.168.1.1 IP Address and Login using username and Password.
- Now go to Settings >> Wireless Security there you will see two options (SSID and Password)
- To Change your Wifi Name you can change the SSID.
- To Chagne Wifi Password change the security option from None to WPA/WPA2
- Then below enter your Wifi Password that you want Minimum 8 Characters.
After this, your router will get restart automatically (if not then reboot your router power). Then you will see a new wifi name connect that wifi with a new wifi password.
Congrats, by using steps by step guide above you have changed your router wifi name and password.
How to Change Router Default IP Address 192.168.1.1 ?
Here it’s your choice if you don’t like your Wifi Router Default Gateway IP address or it’s hard to remember then you can change it to 192.168.1.1 by using the few steps given below.
First, make sure your PC/Laptop is connected with your Wifi Router then follow the steps below.
- Enter your default IP address and get logged in to the Router Admin Page.
- Then Get Logged in to the Router Admin Page.
- Now Go to Advance Settings >> Network Settings >> Lan OR TCP/IP
- There you will see Router IP Address and Subnet Mask
- Carefully change the Router IP Address to 192.168.1.1 and Subnet Mask to 255.255.255.0
- Now do not change anything else and click on the Save Button.
When you click the Save button your router will restart automatically (if not then reboot the router power). Then connect your wifi router again and enter the new Default Gateway IP address that is 192.168.1.1 visit here and check if you see the login page or not.
How to Find Router Default IP Address?
When you are confused and don’t know what was the router IP address you changed last time. Then for such a small issue, you may not prefer to reset your wifi router right? So I have one solution to this follow the step-by-step guide below.
- Make sure your PC is connected to the Router with LAN
- Now go to Control Panel >> Network & Internet >> Change Adapter Settings
- Now you will see multiple connection on this window choose the right Ethernet you are using now.
- Right Click on the Ethernet and select Status option.
- A new window will open now click on the Details Button
- Again one new window will get open there find Default Gateway you will see your Router Default IP Address.
192.168.1.1 is the second most popular IP address used for Network configuration and Wifi Routers Default Gateway. If you like this article please share, if you need more help use the comment box and ask us we will reply you with the solution.